In these stressful times for young adults there is a need for a new kind of MFA program. The low-responsibility MFA program puts the student in control his/her MFA experience. Students are encouraged but not required to fall into a curriculum that involves any or none of the following pursuits—
- Getting a Tattoo: A Life-Long Accomplishment & Balancing One’s Piercings for Less Neck Pain
- The Tardy Muse: Strategies for Killing Time While Waiting for Inspiration
- Couch-Surfing Across America in the Kerouac Style
- Libraries Are Labyrinths: Getting Lost in the Stacks for Fun (Bring a Snack)
- Thrift-Store Safari: Developing A Good Eye for Bargains in Black
- Go Green Ghost: No Car, No House, Means Minimal Environmental Impact (Carbon in Pencils is Okay)
- Portrait of An Artist: Mastering the Slouch, the Pout, and the Ability to Stare Into Space for Hours on End
- Weekly Playshops: The antiWorkshop for Playing With Words (Location & Time to Be Announced When The Spirit Moves)
Teachers and assigned mentors will keep their distance so as not to stifle the free-wheeling creativity of their students. Students will self-report their progress toward a degree and upon completion of their variable terms of study will optionally present ‘some ideas that they had for poems’ to the director. The director is authorized to grant degrees liberally and without prejudice in respect of the diversity of student experiences and the efforts they have not undertaken.
Tuition will be billed directly to a parental or guardian credit card. Sorry no refunds for early withdrawal or student’s inability to attend because there is no way to tell whether any student is around or not. Note: This school complies fully with ‘non-interference policy’ of The Federation.